Happy April fool’s day! Can you believe it’s April already!? Where is this year going? I hope you all had wonderful Easter Holidays. Today’s post will be brief, since I am currently on the ultimate road trip!! My dad and I are driving from San Diego to South West Missouri to visit the fam. It’s a 24 hour drive and we’re planning on making some stops along the way. We’ll see how it goes, wish us luck!
Anyways, what I’d like to share with you today is the fastest, easiest chocolate banana cream pie ever!! I made it for Easter yesterday and there are unfortunately no leftovers. Which is actually a good thing I guess, right? :)
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 Oreo Cookie Crust
3 medium bananas (Or 4 small ones)
1 cup chocolate chips
Banana pudding mix
2 cups milk
1. The first step is to melt your chocolate chips. (set aside a few to garnish on top) The fastest and easiest way to do this is in the microwave. Melt for 20 seconds, stir, and repeat. Just enough so you can spread it along the bottom of your Oreo crust. Then set it in the fridge to harden
2. Make your banana pudding mix using 2 cups of milk. Set it in the fridge to thicken
3. Slice your bananas into quarter inch medallions, and layer them along the bottom of the crust.
4. Add a layer of pudding
5. Continue with another layer of bananas and finish off the pudding to fill in all the cracks.
6. Add your cool whip and garnish with your left over chips.
7. Set it in the freezer for 15 minutes or so to set before serving.
And that’s it!! Hope you all have a great week