Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Make Some Fast, Fun & Easy Cards

When crafting, I often take on projects that require alot of time - so much time that I am late for the occasion I am giving it for! (you know who you are, and I apologize.)  There are some  scrapbook paper companies that make great papers that can be used to make fast and easy cards that require minimal supplies.  You can add embelishments to them if you like, or keep them sweet and simple - it is totally up to you.
For these cards I used paper from Echo Park - their Sisters line - and just a few sheets at that.
All the smaller squares came from one sheet -
there were actually 12 different ones to choose
from!  One I put on a solid pink Bazzil cardstock
 to give it a border.  I used three of the printed
sheets from the same line for the backgrounds
and mounted them on white cardstock.  I then
used some Prima flowers, green seam binding
ribbon, Recollections adhesive rhinestones,
some Stickles for glittery accents, and twine by
The Twinery from SRM.





 These cards are made with paper from the Brothers line by Echo Park.  Again, the fronts were all cut out of the same sheet and some framed by Bazzil cardstock.  I only used two of the other sheets for the backgrounds, as I really loved a certain one!  I cut out some stars from one of the backs to add to one of the cards and embellished with twine from The Twinery by SRM, a Maya Road button, some stickles and some faux stitching done with a white pen. 



These cards were so fun to make and the ways
to dress them up are endless!  Now they are ready for you to write or stamp on the front or even use word stickers. (SRM clear stickers would work perfectly, and they have them for all occasions.)  You could make a set to give as a gift or to keep on hand for when you need a card at a moment's notice.  Making cards does not have to be a big process or require alot of supplies.  Look for paper lines that have a sheet of cut outs and get some printed matching sheets and you are good to go!  I feel there is nothing like getting a card in the mail - and getting one that is handmade is truely a greeting from the heart.
                                                                                                      
Happy Card Making!

Fondly,
Sharon




 


2 comments: