Thursday, March 21, 2013

Crafting with Grandma

I have been oh so busy this past week. I'm not sure how every day this week seemed to feel like a Monday, but I guess spring break will do that to you. Last week I got a special treat when my Grandma from Arizona came to visit! I love My Grandma! She has more colored skinny jeans than I do plus some of her's are neon and have studs on them. She is just stylin'! Her whole entire car is decked out in Zebra everything and she has purple leopard print sunglasses. She loves to bargain shop, cook and craft! I only hope I can be half as cool as she is when I get older.... Along with homemade tamales, she brought crafts for us to do PLUS she is teaching me how to quilt, which is something I have ALWAYS wanted to learn to do!

Last week we started the quilting process. She knows I love peacocks so she brought peacock colored fabric and I picked out this lovely chevron pattern from one of her magazines!

A couple trips to the fabric store later and we were ready to begin! 

The directions seemed like jibberish to me, but Grandma helped to understand what I needed to do! One good thing about doing things with Grandmas is they are experienced and they know all the little tips and tricks to make things so much easier!

After my strips were cut, I needed to sew the strips together. I am such a novice at sewing and quilting so she had to guide me on each step.


This quilt is still a work in progress, but I am gradually getting the hang of it. Right now  I am sewing the blocks together and then putting them into the rows to be sewn into the chevron form.
I will be keeping you updated on the status of my chevron quilt with hopefully a finished piece to show off soon! 


I am just so thankful for my Grandma and that she is teaching me the art of quilting. Grandma's are just AWESOME! 

-Ashley-




No comments:

Post a Comment