Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Glittered Sandals

About a year ago (maybe not that long...last summer, I think is a little more accurate lol)  I went over to Allison's house and when I walked in I noticed a bunch of bags full of clothes and STUFF. She said that it was stuff that she no longer wanted and that I was more than welcome to go thru it. HHHmmm she's a pretty stylish gal so I dug right in. I ended up finding these plain, worn pink sandals and for some reason thought I must have them. Now, I am not sure why she was getting rid of this particular pair, more than likely, it was because they were somewhat coming apart, but I wasn't going to question it that's for sure. I then became the proud owner of these nothing fancy kind of sandals.

I knew right away that I was going to do a DIY glitter strapped sandal and I promptly did. I was sooooo excited about how they turned out that I wore them before I finished sealing them, so slowly the glitter fell off, they are still cute, but, not nearly as fun as when they first were done.

Well that sandal weather has finally started to grace us here in Sunny Southern California so I decided that it was about time to glitter my sandals up again (and seal them too)

Here is a SUPER EASY DIY shoe makeover

This is what I started with (keep in mind that these are hand-me-downs and previously glittered)
All you will need for this project is:
Liquid glue (I used Martha Stewart Glitter Glue)
Glitter of your choice (I did a pink to match my sandal)
Clear Gloss Sealer (You can find this at any Michael's Stores)

First thing you will want to do is paint one strap with glitter
Next you will cover the glue in glitter. This is messy so make sure you are working on a surface you can pour the excess glitter back into the jar. I just used a piece of printer paper.
Once you have completed the one strap move on to the next until you have finished.
To get any excess glitter off the bottom of your sandal you can use a paintbrush and dust it off.
You will want to let them dry overnight before spraying them with a sealer and wearing. :)
Tomorrow I will be doing my finishing touches. So stay tuned because next week (Wed) I will post the big reveal of the shoes on my feet :)

Happy doing what you love day,
xoxox
Danni

No comments:

Post a Comment