Monday, March 11, 2013

Hippity Hoppity

Easter's on its way!


And this time change isn't feeling any easier today than it did yesterday...

 I was highly disappointed this year when I found out that Easter fell on march 31st this year. I much prefer it when it's in April. My house has currently been taken over by both leprechauns AND rabbits!! But I guess that just means double the fun. We're already 1/3rd thru march so it really is time to start thinking about Easter.

Well last night I was hit with some bunny inspiration, and I cranked out this little beauty in less than 2 hours!


Although I LOVE those vintage clipart sites, sometimes the options overwhelm me. What I find is sometimes easier is to just go to google images, and type in "vintage blank". I got this one when I typed in vintage bunny. Then I just copied and pasted it into a word document, blew it up and printed it out on a heavy weight card stock. I find that printing on card stock just feels so much higher quality, and it won't wrinkle or be transparent like regular computer paper.

Then I chose a light background paper that had flowers in the background. I got out all my colored pencils and markers and added a little pastel color to the flowers and vines on the paper.


My flowers are cut out from a springtime Graphic 45 paper collection. I cut them out and popped them up with some 3-D foam squares. Then I rummaged thru my ribbon box and found some green ribbon to match. I thought the rose gave a nice touch and added a center. I like my work balanced and symmetrical.

Finally, every Easter project needs a little sparkle. I took my stardust stickles and went over the bow on the bunny's egg, and over the flowers on the background. I love stickles because it gives you the convenience of adding sparkle without having to haul out liquid glue and loose glitter. There is absolutely no mess involved.


The only bad thing about my project is that my mom loved it and already claimed it for herself  :)

Good thing there's an endless supply of rabbits where that one came from!!

Check back next week for some great egg dying ideas and inspiration



Bye!!
mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment