Monday, June 24, 2013

Houston, we have a Venue!!

In case you didn’t know, his last name is McDade. So I will become Mrs. McDade, Mandy McDade or Amanda McDade… I like it! I think it has a nice ring to it. Plus, I’ve heard a lot worse names so I’m very thankful that that is his. :)

Who would have thought that planning a wedding would be so stressful!? The sad part is though, that having 11 months advance notice isn’t even enough time for some venues. They literally laughed when I asked is next May available. Another thing! So many people have so many opinions; and that can be very wearing hearing what everyone has to say. At the end of the day though, we’ve realized that you can’t please everyone so we just have to worry about pleasing ourselves.
We’ve picked May 11th 2014 to be married because May 11th was our first date. Yes, it falls on a Sunday but it is A LOT less expensive to book venues on a Sunday. And Yes, it is Mothers day. But that’s what worked for us! I told him that once every 7 years our anniversary is going to land on mother’s day, but that doesn’t mean he can only get me one present. ;)
Anyways, the place we chose to have the ceremony and the reception is called marina village. It’s right on the harbor, and it is beautiful!!! We’re choosing to have the ceremony around 4 so when our guests go to the reception they’ll get to see the sunset from the room.
 
And the colors we’ve picked are baby blue, pale yellow, and cream. He picked blue and I picked yellow. I want the overall theme to be vintage, but I might sneak some Chargers in here and there just for him. I’m thinking grooms cake, lightning bolt sugar cookies…we’ll see! Everything is still in the imaginary stages and I’ll have to see how we do with our budget. I have a million ideas swimming around in my head and I can’t wait to start some of them. Anyways, I’ve only been engaged a month and this wedding stuff has consumed my life! Hopefully when I go back to work, things will settle down a little.

We shall see! Have a great week everyone!

Xoxo

Mandy

2 comments:

  1. OH!!! Congratulations!!! Man - you are on top of it!!

    I know what you mean about the "opinions" thing - that was how I felt when we were looking for a new location.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, you look so happy! Your note also tells us how ecstatic you are! Enjoy the planning and listen to your heart when making decisions! That will make you the happiest!

    ReplyDelete