Monday, June 10, 2013

DIY Gift Wrap

Something I HATE spending money on…gift wrap! The present is inside the paper people, not the paper itself. And something I never ever have…gift wrap for weddings and showers. I went to a bridal shower over the weekend for my dear friend Amaya, the other bride to be in my life. And we had way too much fun!


Anyways, back to the paper, I went out and got her a very cute little something and realized I had nothing to wrap it in. I went over to the bridal bag area and they ranged from $5.00-$10.00! What!? Are you kidding me?! Sorry Amaya, you’re not that dear to me! Just kidding!! So I went home to see what I could do.

I feel like everyone has a white box or bag in there gift wrapping box. It is such a basic necessity. And after what I came up with, white may be the only color I ever get again! I got out my stamp box and chose a large flower and some blue and teal ink. In literally 5 minutes I had the lid of the box stamped with alternating colors. Then I took my stickles and added a little sparkle to the flowers, and chose a ribbon to tie the box with.
No scissors, no paper, not tape. Yet…Viola!! A perfectly beautiful box for the bride to unwrap. It was fast, easy, and didn’t cost me a thing! I also folded a white piece of scrap cardstock in half to make a little tag. It matched perfectly!

Today I am spending the rest of my afternoon revamping all the white bags and boxes in my gift wrap stuff so they’ll be all ready next time I need a little something. And the fair opened this weekend so my honey is picking me up after he gets off work to go! Yay! I could really get used to this whole not working thing. :)

See you next week!

mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment