Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tuesday Update

Hello Friends!

I wanted to check in with you, although I do not have a specific project to show you or to post on, and just let you know what I have been up to.  I have been keeping busy - the kind of busy that I don't really have anything to show for yet - but things will be coming together soon.

As you read yesterday, my/our good friend Mandy graduated from college this past weekend, and I have a couple of gifts almost finished for her. I am so proud of her!  What an accomplishment and what an inspiration! Yay, Mandy!  I should know myself by now - projects in my head take way longer for my hands to complete!  I will be sure to post pictures after I give them to her.

The other event that I have been spending time on is the end of the year banquet for the high school's robotic's team.  They usually have pizza in a room at the school, but this year we decided to do it up right and have it at the country club.  The students are so excited! They have to dress up - girls in dresses or nice pants and tops and the guys in a shirt and tie.  I worked out the room, set up, helped with the awards and other little items with the teacher and after meeting with her today at lunch, will be typing up the program.  I want to make it look nice - put some of the team's color ribbon through the top - and put one at each place setting.  Again - no photo to post at this time - but will share later.
We all will be attending as Eric was the VP this past year, Ellen was in charge of marketing, and Bruce helps as a mentor for the electrical/building of the robot and I am mentor for marketing. 

I do apologize for the wordy, boring post, but I did want to let you know that even though one gets busy with life crafting always seems to be a part of it, thank goodness.  It adds the little touches to events and helps makes those special gifts you can't find in the stores that express how you feel.

I hope my life always includes crafting and some good friends - two of my most favorite things.

Hope your week is happy.

Prayers to Oklahoma.

Fondly,

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment