Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Hand Made Mother's Day

This Mother's Day my twins surprised me with my favorite things - hand made cards!

They asked my husband to take them to Michael's and they picked out their paper, letters, ribbon and flowers and spent some time working together at the kitchen table creating.  I left the house when they left for the store - but I so would have loved to have seen then working at the table and listening to their conversation.  They are 17 years old and are truly the best of friends.  It warms my heart to see the bond between them and hope they remain as close as they are forever.

When Mother's Day arrived I could tell they were anxious to give me their cards.  I was so deeply touched that they took the time to make the cards by hand! Their cards were beautiful and what they had written inside was even more special.

Here is Ellen's card:




This is the card Eric made:
















I hope they know how much their cards meant to me and that I will keep and treasure them forever.  When I look at them and re-read the thoughtful words inside I will imagine them working at the kitchen table, together, and remember how blessed I was to have been given the gift of  having three wonderful people call me 'mom'.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Fondly,

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful cards! How old are the twins now? Awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete