Monday, May 20, 2013

This Last Week

Its Monday again!! And I must admit that I am thrilled that this past weekend is over. It was definitely one of the busiest, most hectic weeks of my life. Why, you might ask? Well let’s just say that I ate my way through the weekend!
Last week was my honey and mine’s one year. On Wednesday we cooked a fabulous dinner together, King Crab, filet, and Caesar salad. We both agreed that after a whole year of cooking together we have definitely improved our skills in the kitchen and we work very well together. It was wonderful, and he even topped it off by buying me a beautiful full dozen red roses.

Thursday was his dinner work party and we went to Shoguns for the evening. That night we had lobster, shrimp AND filet. In case you haven’t been there, Shoguns is a restaurant where they cook the food right in front of you, so its like dinner and a show all in one! His co-workers are so amazing and so friendly. Every time we get together with them, I like them more and more.
Friday night was one of my very best friends, Ian’s graduation party. He also went to SDSU with me, and he was the first of us to walk. I can’t believe that we are both done with College now and that we have our degrees! I will always remember that Ian and I took geo-science together. We’d go to class, stay for 5 minutes and then go to get lunch together. He was definitely a bad influence and that class ended up being the only D I ever got in the history of my education. Luckily, it was a general-ed course and a D is passing!!
Saturday was David’s 29th birthday. Wait, did you say 29!?! Yes, 29 he is. David is 6 years older than me and I absolutely love our age difference. I wouldn’t want it any other way. We got together with one other couple, and we took the bus out to Barona. It sounds lame, but we had a fabulous time! We had drinks before hand, and got dropped off at the bus stop and went and played Blackjack pretty much the whole night long. It was 3 in the morning when we go home. And the birthday boy won big! Over $350 dollars! I was so thrilled for him. He definitely deserved it on his special day. Happy Birthday baby!!

Sunday was MY special day! I graduated with a BA in History from San Diego State University yesterday, and it was unreal. When they started playing the graduation song, and I walked through the doors, I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I almost started to cry! I completely surprised myself. I think I was overcome with the realization that I finished college. When I looked up in the stands, I saw all my friends, family and loved ones standing in the crowed yelling and cheering for me. The feelings were incredible.

My parents had a post-grad party and David surprised me with ANOTHER dozen roses. All of my family was there to support me, along with friends and we had a wonderful time. I couldn’t be any happier of where I am in my life right now. I feel so blessed and so fortunate to be where I am today.


To conclude, and top it ALL off, I have one more incredible thing ahead of me. Exactly one week from today, David and I will be on our cruise ship to paradise, Oops! I mean the Bahamas, for a one year, birthday, graduation Vacation!! I absolutely cannot wait. This week I will be shopping, packing and anxiously awaiting my dream destination vacation.

Have a wonderful week!

Cheers!


xoxo

Mandy


(My second set of dozen roses from the week, Such a spoiled girl!! I deserve only the best) :D



No comments:

Post a Comment