Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Tags

Happy Tuesday before Valentine's Day!

I have always enjoyed watching my kids make and/or write out valentines for their classmates - the cute handwriting and picking out just the right candy to attach. Then having them come home from school with the valentine box they made and watching them go through the cards and enjoy the treats.

 As they get older this tradition comes to an end.  Sometimes clubs will sell a flower or candy that you can have delivered to that someone special or to your friends, but this often ends up with hurt feelings and making the day one that is not looked forward to.

Well, nobody tells moms that you have to stop making valentines and doing something sweet for your kids!  You can keep on doing whatever you want at home as long as it doesn't publicly embarrass them. 

This year I decided to make valentine tags, thinking maybe they will use them for bookmarks. (yeah, and then maybe not.)

I started out using Inkssentials craft tags and the Reminisce 2013 Valentine line of paper, including the sticker sheet that had so many cute items on it I had a hard time choosing!  The names were made with thickers for Dear lizzy, by American Crafts.  I embellished with some bakers twine, washi tape and tulle, and used the Signo white pigment ink pen for my note.



When the kids come home from school on Thursday I will have their tags on the table and a fresh pan of brownies waiting.  That way, no matter how their day went at school they can come home and be reminded that they will always have my love and that they will always be my little valentines!

Hope You have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment