Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Bit Old School or I Love School Supplies

 


I have a confession to make, I love school supplies.  I have always loved them. The night before school started I would rearrange my school box endlessly, just dreaming of what I would be writting and creating that year.  My notebooks would all have a black, shiny, carefully pressed dymo label on them with my name.  Ah, a fresh, new notebook - oh, the opportunities those blank pages held! Well, not much has changed. I still enjoy crayons, colored pencils and pens, and my love for new notebooks is as strong as ever.
 
I like to keep separate notebooks for special things and enjoy decorating them with scrapbooking supplies.  I found some great spirals at Staples that had great thick, kraft covers and a kraft folder with a pocket on both sides in front of the book right before the paper began. I embelished the front cover with a precut and sewn fabric bird, some paper, stickers, washi tape, a paper doily and some thickers. I also had some paper that worked perfectly on the inside cover and I dressed up the pocket as well.
 
 
Here is another one I made for projects that I am working on and future creations that are still being planned out.  I glued on a precut and sewn fabric dress form, a strip of paper, washi tape, stickers, added two coordinating colors of bakers twine, a flower embellishment and thickers for the title.  Now it feels ready to fill! Yes, it would work just fine left plain - but now it inspires me and makes me feel happy just looking at it!  
 This began as one of the black and white composition note-
books.  I kept the black spine and covered the front, back and insides of each with Graphic 45 paper.  I then cut out the ink bottle, fountain pen and label from a coordinating sheet.  The typewriter punch out letters, also Graphic 45, worked great for my title.  I finished it off with twill tape ribbon to cover up where the paper met the black spine.  I have many poems inside as well as quotes I have come across and lines from books that I have wanted to remember.


Eventhough I am 'old school' I do love my laptop (not only because it's pink!) and am trying to learn how to master new things on it all the time. A big shout out goes to my teenage twins, Ellen & Eric for their help and patience with me! (Thanks, kids! I love you sooo much!)  So, yeah, you can  stick with things you've grown to love and keep up with the times and have fun doing both.  Each serves a purpose in my life and for that I am very happy.
Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment