Monday, July 8, 2013

Sneak Peaks and Updates

Well, Im back to work today! And I have to say that these last few weeks off have been some of the busiest times of my life! Here’s just a quick recap as to what’s been going on in my life. And also, just a little preview of something I’m working on.

I’m making a banner for the wedding. And I’ve already put about 12 hours into it, and I’m feeling like it’s going to need another 48!! I’m making the whole thing out of fabric and vintage lace that was my great-grandmothers. So it has a lot of sentimental value to me. It’s taken me so long because for the most part, I’ve sewn everything. I’m only using minimal adhesive, and I am not using any paper. That way it will last a lifetime. I plan on using lots of pearls too. So, we shall see how it turns out. Give me a couple more weeks for the official unveiling!

Also on this summer break I went to sea world for the first time in years! It is such a great place to have in San Diego, and I often take it for granted. I saw the baby Shamu while I was there. He was so adorable and I was so tempted to take him home with me. If only I had a whale sized pool in my backyard, I could re-enact Free Willie!!
I’ve gone to the beach a few times to escape the heat, but sadly, nothing will ever compare to the clear blue waters in the Bahamas.
Lastly, I just got home last night from a bachelorette weekend in Palm Springs for my friend Amaya! I have never been to one of those before and let’s just say I experienced some things that I never want to experience again. Haha! It was a great weekend and we all got really tan lounging out by the pool.
I gotta get going, but I hope everyone has a fabulous week!

Xoxo mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment